About South Jersey Land & Water Trust
South Jersey Land & Water Trust (SJLWT) works to preserve and protect farmland, open space and critical habitats within several counties in South Jersey. In addition, SJLWT assists land owners and municipalities in the often complicated farmland and open space preservation process.
SJLWT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve and protect the land and water resources of southern New Jersey – maintaining and enhancing the natural, cultural, and historic heritage of the region. The organization works in five major areas:
- Actively conducting land preservation projects;
- Planning and carrying out habitat protection, remediation, and restoration projects;
- Gathering data on area waterways to increase knowledge of their condition and water quality;
- Providing education to the public and to teachers and schools;
- Serving an advocacy role on land and water protection issues.
SJLWT provides a voice for the citizens of southern New Jersey in protecting and maintaining clean water and open spaces. We work to focus attention on the value of our region’s watersheds – our land and water, promote greater understanding of their fragility, and be alerted to threats to their environmental health. Our work is funded in part by tax-deductible donations.