We’re hiring! SJLWT is seeking a part-time Marketing & Development Specialist to join our team. This person will be responsible for expanding and coordinating the organization’s fundraising and marketing programs.
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing plan
- Develop and implement a development plan with committee and board
- Plan and execute special fundraising events (Annual Dinner, Meerwald Cruise, Wine & Cheese Tasting), workshops, trainings, volunteer events and cleanups.
- Conduct marketing actively across all communication platforms–website, social media, print, media outlets
- Conduct annual year-end appeal campaign
- Conduct direct mail membership campaigns
- Coordinate other fundraising campaigns (project- and fund-specific)
- Develop and market a corporate sponsorship program
- Develop and market a planned giving program
- Assist with the identification and solicitation of foundation donors
- Assist the Board of Trustees in attracting new Sustainer members ($500/year +)
- Coordinate all activities with the volunteer development committee
- Staff SJLWT table at community days
- Maintain membership database
The Marketing and Development Specialist must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and a deep understanding of donor-centered communications. Must also be able to balance multiple projects and meet deadlines while exuding a positive attitude. The Marketing and Development Specialist must be able to work independently as well as be a team player willing to help wherever is needed. Must be willing to work for a small non-profit with limited capacity, exhibit strong problem solving skills and enjoy working with volunteers. While the Marketing and Development Specialist is a part-time position, it is understood that the Specialist must have a flexible work schedule, as coordinating a specific event may occasionally require more than 16 hours per week, including night and weekends.
- Bachelors degree in natural resources, marketing, communications, business or related field, with additional training experience preferred (workshops, conferences, etc.)
- Experience in fundraising for a non-profit organization—including demonstrated success in developing and implementing large-scale fundraising strategies—preferred
- Experience in managing large donor development, major gift and grant prospecting and planned giving are especially desirable
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in Constant Contact (or similar), WordPress, Photoshop (or similar), InDesign, Word, Excel preferred
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Solid project management and problem-solving skills
- Passion for the mission of SJLWT
Based at SJLWT’s scenic office located at Oldmans Creek Preserve in Swedesboro, NJ. This is a part-time (16 hours/week) position. Compensation commensurate with experience; vacation time accrued at 0.5 days/month employed. Please send cover letter, resume and writing/PR/Marketing samples to email@example.com by May 12, 2017.